Do you want to be part of the design of an API platform in a super startup? This challenge is for you! We are looking for an awesome Engineering Manager looking for a fresh new challenge and willing to take his/her career to the next level, keep reading!
First things first… top project details!
You will be part of a successful startup created by mid 2019 and with more than 43 million of funding. The team has growth up to 75 people distributed across Mexico (HQ), Spain and Brazil and they are looking to double their team during this year! The product has been launched just in March this year so you will be part of something important on a very early stage :)
This API platform was born from 2 founders with broad experience in building successful startups focus on the fintech industry and with an aim of making easier, more accessible and faster banking operations for customers in LATAM. Motivation, resilience, innovation, flexibility and transparency are some of their main values... you feed identified, right?
- Career path
And if you ask yourself… what is my career projection? Well, the development of talent is one of the main focuses for them and actually they offer different paths so you can choose where you want to focus your career, the will guide you through your professional evolution.
All Fridays the whole team meets for an 'all hands' meeting where they can see data, insights, performance of their work, and they continue with a happy-hour time ;)
Your mission 🚀
As an engineering leader, your main areas of focus are your team, its people, their performance and their wellbeing. We are looking for individuals with a strong technical background and track record, who are able to lead, coordinate and coach an already stellar engineering team.
You will work together with the data retrieval and scraping team, which is a specialized team developing and maintaining our financial ecosystem integrations.
• Coach first, player second. You are a force multiplier for your team and have a passion for team and team members’ success.
• Drive the execution and delivery of features and new products.
• Set objectives, follow performance and provide feedback
• Team happiness, wellbeing and productivity.
• Participate in cross-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams
• Partner with Product Managers on objectives, priorities, trade-offs and risk.
• The company encourage you to keep coding to keep your technical acumen sharp and to have a solid understanding of the technical challenges that your team faces.
• Participate in technical decisions, contributing your technical knowledge as well as your strategic and planning inputs.
• Establish processes and address growing pains during high-growth phases.
• Participating in architecture discussions and planning.
• Ability to act as Tech Lead and being more hands-on when required.
• Maintain and foster our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity.
• At Tech stack level, the team works with Python and Django on the backend and JS, Vue and SaaS on the front. Infrastructure runs on AWS and Datadog to monitor the services.
Perks, my friend!
✔ Salary: 55,000 - 65,000€ + stock options.
✔ Flexible working hours as well as remote policy.
✔ Offices in Barcelona, Mexico and São Paulo but you can work from your own space if you are not based in any of these locations.
✔ If you come to the office you will enjoy fresh fruit, coffee and snacks.
✔ You can also bring your beloved pet into the office.
✔ Flexible compensation scheme: meals, transport, kindergarten.
✔ Your birthday off, and bank holidays swapping.
✔ Fitness & Wellness stipends.
✔ Budget for training, courses, certifications, conferences etc.
✔ The team enjoys regular team buildings as well as a yearly team trip!
If this is you – holy cow! 🐄
• 3+ years of experience in engineering leadership and people management.
• Experience with data retrieval and scraping technology, preferably at large scale.
• Experience as a senior individual contributor.
• Well-rounded technical skills and ability to contribute to deeply technical discussions.
• Experience recruiting and growing a team, in a context of rapid change and fast growth.
• Ability to be nimble, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications and build a solid execution plan for your team.
If this is also you – JACKPOT! 🍒🍒🍒
• Fintech and SaaS past experience
• Experience building large-scale platforms with a global reach
• Knowledge of our technical stack: Python, AWS and managed AWS services.
Let’s have a chat and GetWith us! 😊