Being part of an innovative and disruptive gaming company is your dream? This challenge is for you!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who wants to join a TOP gaming company to cooperate, innovate and share inspiration.
First things first... top project details!
Their motto is to move "Fearlessly Forward" together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything they do: from their games, new products and technologies, to how they collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
they understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they're trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect their products and processes. Their forte lies in the diversity of their skills - and that comes from the diversity of their people.
- Day to day
You'll join an international team working in one of their 6 squads (e-commerce, Fintec, Sports...) with your teammates.
Your mission 🚀
• Work on both server-side and client-side development for a variety of exciting n-tier enterprise projects.
• Be a role model for their team, inspiring them and challenging the status quo.
• Support their engineers through an agile transformation.
• Represent the team towards senior management and stakeholders.
• Work with the team to solve strategic problems around technology, methodology and process.
• Drive consistent standards, ensuring the team is collaborating and using engineering best practices: writing clean and well structured, documented, well tested code.
• Work with the team and external partners to ensure high technical quality, and that the deliverables are defined on time and to the right level of quality to guarantee successful outputs.
• Manage projects within the team; define project timelines and milestones as well as resource allocation according to existing capacity and commitments.
• Identify and develop mitigation/contingency plans, facilitate risk management process and conflict resolution.
• Drive and enforce the SDLC process, and establish procedures and systems for managing and tracking change.
• Encourage ownership and accountability at all levels within the team aiming to promote an autonomous development team.
• Instigate cross-team initiatives and fosters collaboration across engineering groups.
• Apply governance standards and provide continuous improvement feedback to governance bodies.
• Manage hiring, onboarding, retention and career development of the engineering teams ensuring that the team high performing.
• Mentor employees through example, advice and correction; help them to expand their capacity and the capacity of their teams; participate in their career development.
• Lead incident root cause analysis and work with the team to identify long term preventive measures and adapt existing processes accordingly.
Perks, my friend!
✔ Flexible Timetable
✔ 100% remote until the end of the year.
✔ Relocation Package: they help with every aspect of your move: removals, storage, travel and house-hunting. Plus 2 months free accommodation while you're looking.
✔ Soft Landing: help with all the life admin - from sorting your social security number to setting up a Spanish bank account. They'll even help find a school for your kids.
✔ The Workshop Bus: a private bus running between Malaga city centre and their office.
✔ Language Classes free: Spanish or English tuition every week.
✔ Medical Insurance: cover for primary healthcare, family medicine, paediatrics and dental.
✔Learning: they encourage you to develop your skills through training courses and qualifications. They also go to a lot of tech conferences as exhibitors, speakers and attendees.
✔ Social Events: regular events include: learning Lab, Thirsty Thursday, seasonal events, summer and Christmas parties, sporting competitions, a football team and more!
✔ Sabbatical for every four years of service: you have the chance to take six weeks paid leave.
✔ Massage Service
✔ Soft Drinks and Fresh Fruit
✔ Games Room
If this is you – holy cow! 🐄
• Demonstrated backend skills (multithreading, OOP, etc.) and/or strong frontend skills.
• A passion for software development processes, methodologies and technologies.
• Well-versed in Agile software development processes and techniques and how to adapt them to the team dynamics and business needs.
• Software development background with hands-on experience in developing commercial solutions.
• Creative problem-solving mindset, can-do attitude and leadership skills.
• Exceptional communication (spoken/written) and presentation skills.
• Ability to learn and keep technically current with industry approaches, frameworks and paradigms, including self-learning and company-sponsored improvement.
• Ability to motivate a team to achieve the defined vision and product objectives while balancing business priorities through collaboration with senior management.
• Ability to initiate, recognize, and manage change.
• Ability to manage performance and coach team members for growth through career development plans and leading by example.
• Ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment, taking multiple initiatives forward at the same time.
• Full English professional proficiency.
If this is also you – JACKPOT! 🍒🍒🍒
• Strong background in Software Engineering.
Let’s have a chat and GetWith us! 😊