Are you crazy about startups? This challenge is for you!
We are looking for the first Tech Lead who wants to lead the next company launched by Antai Group, an InsurTech project.
First things first... top project details!
Company / team
Is a new InsurTech startup aiming to revolutionize the life insurance market, with the mission to improve people's quality of life through financial, emotional, and physical wellbeing. Their goal is to help people get their needs in a fair, easy, and transparent way by putting together outstanding tech, behavioral science, and data and a breathtaking design so that their customers fall in love with their insurance company.
They believe in honesty, trust, and innovation, and that is just what they want in their team and products, to breathe.
Day to day
You will be the leader who innovate, design and develop highly scalable system, promote a culture of technical learning, and push team members to grow into formidable engineers.
Your mission 🚀
• Set the technology vision, strategies & plans to build great systems and products.
•Work closely with the CPO and other founders to envision, architect, design and deliver the technological roadmap of the product, keeping it in sync with the business strategy.
• Hire and lead a motivated team of engineers with different skills such as backend, DevOps, frontend and guide them into an agile, continuous delivery, cloud-native mindset, providing coaching, training, and being responsible for their professional development.
• Design and architect a scalable and resilient platform, with a strong emphasis on cloud infrastructure, container orchestration, service mesh and metrics instrumentation.
• Lead the development team by having a solid grasp on software development methodologies and patterns with special attention to Domain Driven Design and SOLID principles.
• Choose the right technology stack for the purpose for the backend application or services and the frontend layers.
• Oversee the design and deployment of the data processing pipeline, ensuring that proper technology and components are used according to the use cases (high volume stream/batch data ingestion, event-driven architecture).
• Foster engineering best practices, ensuring engineering output is top quality and the team’s technical debt is kept to a minimum.
• Be a great leader, curious and proactive, able to transmit your passion and commitment to the team and keen to negotiate with the CEO/COO and other managers and your team.
Perks, my friend!
✔ You will become a key player in the company with the opportunity to make an impact during a very exciting phase of build and growth.
✔ Relying on an expert and solid team
✔ Employee stock options (ESOP)
✔ Their center of work is our Barcelona office, next to the seaside.
✔ We are flexible and allow employees to work semi-remotely
✔ The company supports its employees' learning, financially and/or with time off.
✔ And of course, the company will provide a great life insurance
If this is you – holy cow! 🐄
• Relevant experience as a Software Engineer, preferably with backend technology (Java/Spring or PHP/Symfony).
• Strong leadership experience in a startup or small/medium-sized digital company as a Tech Lead with team management responsibilities.
• Experience in designing, operationalizing, and scaling a data processing pipeline, overseeing the whole data lifecycle from ingestion to data warehousing.
• Excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle, team organization, software design patterns, testing, continuous improvement, and Domain Driven Design.
• Experience with continuous delivery and continuous integration, with a strong emphasis on docker, k8s, and in general with all the Cloud Native environments.
• Experience in Operating Production Environments, build CI/CD and Cloud Architecture (AWS or GCP).
• Experience in hiring, managing, and scaling a team of motivated software developers, providing them guidance for their professional development.
• Proven ability to efficiently manage the software development lifecycle in an Agile environment.
• Entrepreneurial thinking and a hands-on problem solver.
• Very strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Very good level of English.
If this is also you – JACKPOT! 🍒🍒🍒
• Transparency, professionalism, and strong work ethic.
• Entrepreneurial thinking with a proactive "can-do" attitude and a sense of urgency.
• Empathy and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and react fast to a continuously changing environment.
• Ability to motivate and inspire a technical team to perform at the highest level.
• Ability to obtain in a short term a good understanding of the business, of the big-picture strategy, and solution-oriented mindset.
Let’s have a chat and GetWith us! 😊